"We All Have Our 'Stuff'. . .

. . . and this is mine." Something I say often when I've just answered (honestly) the question "How are you?"  I'm sure there will be more about my "stuff" in future posts.

Most days I really am okay I think. I generally fly by the seat of my pants so that bit of chaos is normal for me. I've learned to operate that way since plans have a way of falling by the wayside when other people's "stuff" demands your time and attention.

Today has already been tweaked. . . multiple times.  Originally, the "plan" was to spend my morning hosting in the Japanese Garden at Meijer Gardens. Nine a.m. to One p.m. was the scheduled shift. The "Air People" are scheduled to come with fresh tanks for Hunny but though they call us to let us know their approximate arrival time in the morning the day of, it's pretty much always been between three and four p.m. so no conflicts there. Whew! Nate's schedule came in saying he had to call in to see if he was needed at Ten. Oh oh. If I'm already at the Garden at nine, and he needs to actually GO to work at ten, hmmm conflict. We talked and he said just go and he'll figure it out. Well, then they changed his schedule the next day and made it a show up rather than a call in. So, because, in light of the changes in the past week around here, I'm a bit uncomfy leaving Hunny home alone for that long, looks like the Garden is out for me today. He seems a bit better so odds are it would be okay, but better safe than sorry. Especially since apparently he's intent on puttering around in the kitchen this morning.

Took Nate to work for a ten a.m. start. He'll be there till they close tonight at ten p.m. The oxygen guy will be here between three and four,  I REALLY want to go to a retirement "party" from four till six for the volunteer coordinator at the Gardens, but having to miss my morning shift, I'd feel a bit funny showing up for that. Fortunately I already put a card/note in the box for him. Plus at seven I have to take Hunny to his Tuesday evening meeting till eight-thirty. Then it's back to pick up Nate from work around ten-thirty-ish.

Actually, this isn't the craziest schedule. It isn't uncommon to have to juggle a couple more things and then have Hunny insist he NEEDS to go to the hardware store or something too, but I won't deny that it makes me a bit sad to have to give up my recharge session in the Garden in favor of yet another trip for Mom's Taxi.

I guess, on some level I should be grateful to be needed and that I'm able to make this happen for my family. I am so fortunate to have them and I do know that. It's just that sometimes I get tired, and my "batteries" run down and I start to feel overwhelmed a bit by it all.

And then I remember that "We all have our stuff. . ."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Miss You as Much Today as I Did the Day God Took You Home

Why Volunteering at Meijer Gardens is Important to Me. . .

No, I Promise, It Really IS Friday. . .